Commercial Business Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Bedford
- Directly responsible for the delivery of a sales function to generate income for the Council for commercial refuse and recycling, grounds maintenance and street cleansing services.
- To achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales and income targets for commercial refuse and recycling, grounds maintenance and street cleansing services.
- Source potential new internal/external customers as well as identifying and capitalising on further opportunities to sell services to existing customers.
- Visit potential customers to explain the services offered and persuade them to contract with Bedford Borough Council.
- To develop a comprehensive knowledge of the operational delivery and legislation related to the provision of commercial refuse and recycling, grounds maintenance and street cleansing services.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and ensure enquiries and complaints are dealt with in a polite, timely and effective manner through communication channels such as Customer Relations Management Systems, telephone enquiries, letters, e-mails, website and face to face communication.
- NVQ level 4/degree level or equivalent knowledge gained through work experience in a sales role.
- Demonstrate strong communication/interpersonal skills including persuasion, negotiation capabilities, and the ability to establish trust and take a non-confrontational approach to selling.
- Drivers License applicable to Car/Van is essential as post requires regular travel. Use of Council Transit van is provided. Driver assessment will be required.
- 3 Month Contract
- 30 Hours per week
- £13.50 per hour - (Paid via umbrella Company - Rate uplifted to cover charges)
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email