Cloud & Platform Engineer- Kingston-upon-Thames
It is expected that team members will have one or more technical specialism and also a good generalist knowledge and troubleshooting ability across all infrastructure components.
The technology list will evolve over time includes the following: Unix, Windows o/s, servers, Citrix and virtual desktop technologies (AppV, Xenapp, application packaging and sequencing), Google admin, backup/restore, storage, LAN/WAN, IoT, TCP/IP and other network protocols, network security, routing, network management tools, authentication (AD), database technologies (SQL, Oracle), Microsoft, cloud, datacentre management, telephony, mobility and integration technologies.
The role reports directly to one of the Cloud and Platform Leads, main responsibilities include:
● Manage the Cloud and Platform environment and security on a day to day basis
● Fix or provide workarounds to infrastructure issues ensuring the fixes are documented to the appropriate level and remain within SLA
● Ensure standard fixes are documented and handed over to the Service Desk to improve first time fix ratio and therefore customer satisfaction
● Undertake proactive monitoring and maintenance of Cloud and Platform infrastructure
● Design and deploy changes and upgrades to the environment
● Create quality operational procedures for recoverability, availability, capacity and security management. Ensure they are documented and auditable in line with regulatory and business requirements
● Act as a technical specialist to solve known problems
● Carry out project work as part of virtual team across Digital & IT
● Develop technical recovery plans that contribute towards the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans
● Act as the custodians of the production environment and ensure the quality of the environment through the strict use of the Release and Change Management processes
● Act as a point of escalation for technical queries from other teams in ICT
● Ensures that all documentation is written, maintained and executed to the highest standards and acts as a champion of the Quality Management System (QMS)
● Ensure the security of the ICT systems both physically and logically.
● Provide out of hours support for the Cloud and Platform services and infrastructure and may additionally be asked to join the formal Out of Hours support rota
● Work within the ITIL framework.