Tyne and Wear
I am currently working with a well respected independent consultancy. Due to growth we are looking to add a Civil / Infrastructure Technician or Engineer to the team.
The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of projects with a particular interest in drainage. Working closely with colleagues of various disciplines to deliver and oversee the preparation of detailed designs and detailing including highway and drainage, levels and earthworks, external works, and associated civil engineering infrastructure. Develop 3D drawings and implement 3D co-ordination into their current design practices and guide more junior member of the team.
- Working on a range of projects including Drainage, Commercial, Residential and Extra Care developments
- Using design based software for innovative infrastructure solutions
- Both public and private projects
- Working to relevant design standards.
- Have a minimum of 4 years' experience working within an engineering consultancy
- Adept at planning and organising your workload and communicating effectively with engineering and AutoCAD specialists
- Have experience in working with NWL and Local Authority Highways Agency
- Accomplished level of IT skills with sound knowledge of AutoCad, Autotrack, Micro Drainage and PDS. Including an ability to manage data X-refs, layers etc.
- Familiar with SUDS drainage systems and Flood Risk Assessments
- Familiar with Cut and Fill Earthworks specifications and the commercial implications of setting levels for developments
- Ideally a CSCS registered card holder
- A proven experience of working to deadlines
- Accredited with a relevant HNC/HND
If you would like to discuss the opportunity in more detail please contact Amanda Lau at Akton Recruitment.