Akton are currently recruiting for a CHP Engineer to join our client in the West Midlands.
The plant ranges from 800kw to 5.7MW CHP gas engines from various leading OEMs. This role requires the mechanical skills to overhaul and maintain the engine, but also the interface controls, electrical output systems and gas incoming equipment (gas train). Working with the operational team to understand system interfaces and maintain system performance. Diagnostic skills for complex fault finding across the CHP unit and wider interfaces.
- To ensure the safe, efficient operation of our Natural Gas Engine CHP Fleet, through maintenance activities that includes, planned, predictive, corrective and reactive tasks.
- Employing all the core skills required to work on leading OEM equipment, Control Systems, Gas Systems IGEM3 and Electrical Interfaces.
- This person will be responsible for the engines assigned to them measured against availability, output, and SHEQ KPIs. Providing a cost-effective service to internal customer base, and the expertise required to drive through plant improvements and maintain equipment condition.
- Experienced engineer working on plant ranging from 800kw to 5.7MW from various leading OEMs that includes CAT, Wartsila, Jenbacher and Cummins.
- Gas Safe COCN1 LPS, deemed an experienced authorised or competent person, in respect to LV, HV and pressure systems.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the market leaders in the energy and services field.