Akton Recruitment are looking for a professional and experienced Children’s Social Worker to join the Intake & Family Support Team for the local authority in the Vale Of Glamorgan, this is a qualified social work role, and it is essential that you hold a HCPC registration and an up to date, Enhanced DBS to be considered.
The initial contract for this role ends 01/08/2020 with a performance review as its coming to an end. You will be working 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 08:30 – 17:00 at £33 per hour.
- Undertaking Wellbeing Assessments
- Undertaking Child Protection Enquiries under Section 47 of the Children's Act of 1989
- Providing support and intervention to families and children in need
- Liaising/ Working close with partnership agencies to safeguard and support the families and meet the children/ young people's needs
- Compiling Initial Child Protection Conference reports
- Convening and chairing Core Group Meetings
- Initiating and implementing Child Protection Plans
- Working within pre-proceedings and Public Law Outline
- Initiating Care Proceedings
- Reviewing and implementing children's individual care plans
- Completing/reviewing/implementing Care and Support plans
- Chairing Care and Support meetings
- Attending court, preparing statements and care plans and giving verbal evidence when required
- Attending CSE/CE/HSB Multi-agency meetings
- Completing SERAF risk assessments.
- Undertaking joint visits with Police to safeguard young people.
If you think you would be great for this role, get in touch!