- Achieve and maintain registration as the manager of a children's home when required
- Maintain the registration of children's homes, ensuring compliance with Children’s Homes Regulations and Quality Standards
- Monitor and continuously improve the performance of children’s homes
- Lead high performing teams of residential care and ancillary workers as required
- Ensure that any complaints or concerns about homes or their staff are investigated and responded to in a timely manner.
- Ensure that staff teams have access to advice, guidance and support at all times.
- Contribute to planning, delivering and reviewing children's residential services.
- Ensure that financial procedures are complied with and homes operates within budget.
- Understand and comply with the City Council’s environmental policies.
- Comply with all Health & Safety policies and legislation in performance of the duties of the post.
- Work with information technology and associated systems in accordance with the City Council’s policies & procedures.
- Comply with standing orders, financial regulations and Departmental instructions.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the City Council’s Equality and Diversity policy.
- Take part in the Councils Managing individual Performance Scheme
Please only apply if you are a registered manager and have experience as a registered manager within a Children's Residential Home, hold a valid enhanced DBS and are available immediately. Unsuitable applicants will not be contacted.