Chief Highways Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Liverpool
- A key duty of the role will be to drive improvements set out within the Highways Service Improvement Plan which has been produced arising from the Best Value Inspection of Liverpool City Council, provide senior leadership to an experienced team and act as the strategic lead delivering on a range of major highways projects
- To be accountable for the operation of the Highways and Transportation function and all aspects relating to management of the highway and transport network.
- To have a track record of effective partnership working, delivering across organisational and local authority boundaries.
- To have a comprehensive understanding of local government and the devolution of powers to the city region level, the national and political context within which it operates and the current challenges and opportunities it presents.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of continuous professional development related to one or more aspects of
- Highways/Transportation management related to economic development or regeneration, which reflects commitment to effective management in a large organisation
- Substantial senior management experience of Highways and Transportation working corporately within a large and complex public sector organisation, together with an understanding of working in a demanding urban context.
- A proven track record of improving services within a Highways and Transportation environment.
- A successful track record of achievement including developing large scale Highways/ Transportation projects which involve complex financial negotiations.
- Extensive experience of policy development, implementation and successful evaluation of Highways/Transportation in a local government context
- 6 Months
- Based in Liverpool
- Council Based Role
- £660.38 per day (Paid via Umbrella Company)
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email