Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Chief Accountant to join the team at Enfield Council.
Job Role: Chief Accountant
- To be the primary expert on financial accounting regulations and be the primary advisor on this subject matter to the Council's statutory section 151 Officer.
- To hold the day-to-day responsibility for the Council's system of financial controls, ensuring that all key reconciliations are produced monthly, quarterly or yearly depending on their importance and the regularity.
- To regularly liaise and manage relationships with the External Auditors at a senior level.
- To manage the production of the Council's Single entity and Group accounts.
- To manage the end of year capital and asset accounting processes.
- To manage the financial accounting function and present to directors and councillors on the matter, where appropriate.
- To ensure that the team provide specialist financial accounting advice to budget holders and officers in other parts of Finance to support decision-making and financial modelling of major business cases.
- To be the day-to-day system owner of SAP, BPC, CIPFA Asset Manager and any system related to the Council's Accounts.
£700 a day (paye)