£40,000 + (negotiable DOE)
Akton are currently looking to recruit a Chartered Surveyor for our client, multi-discipline property and construction experts, based in Oxfordshire.
Their Surveyors offer advice on many aspects of design and construction, including repair, refurbishment and restoration of proposed and existing buildings. They offer quality assessments and report on defects in, or ways of improving, all kinds of buildings. Working in co-ordination with other professionals in varied project teams, our surveyors develop excellent communication skills and a good understanding of the full range of construction related professions. There is a strong and supportive team culture and many exciting challenges to work on, which creates an environment for constant technical learning and strong career development.
As a Chartered Surveyor, it will be your responsibility to ensure all projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective way whilst reporting progress on ongoing projects. You will be involved at all levels of the project from Design to Tender. You will also have other duties including financial management, stakeholder engagement, contractor and consultancy liaison and budget holder responsibilities. The role will be client facing and you will represent the Company externally at a senior level.
* Lead project teams, supervising and training surveyors and technicians.
* Responsible for the financial, technical and project management control of all aspects of projects.
* At a strategic level you will prepare an outline brief, visit site, review information including planning history and services. You will prepare preliminary layouts, assist in budget and programming and assess all the risks.
* During the concept stage you will prepare outline design for building(s) and site layout, prepare Structural and Civil design elements for building (s) external and drainage works and outline specifications. Prepare Construction H&S Strategy including pre-construction information and risk assessments. Review all statutory requirements. Prepare Planning Statement, Design & Access Statement, Flood Risk and Transport Statement.
* At Design stage you will develop the co-ordination of design proposals for Architectural, Structural and Civil design, provide space planning of internal areas, development of specifications, update H&S Construction Strategy, pre-construction information and risk assessments.
* Prepare technical details for Architectural, Structural and Civil design. Prepare technical specification. Finalise Construction H&S Strategy including pre-construction information and risk assessments. You will also compile and submit Building Regulation application, compile tender packs for issue to Tenderers.
* Liaise and attend meetings with Architects, clients, subcontractors and other professionals whilst carrying out duties and at all times represent the business, in a professional and courteous way.
* Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects.
* Making sure the project complies with statutory requirements, especially health and safety.
Key skills & experience
* Minimum qualification - Chartered Surveyor
* At least 10 years post-qualification experience in Surveying
* Proven project management skills to manage projects to deadline and budget, including contactor selection and supervision of building works
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proven negotiating and influencing skills
* Proven ability to lead and motivate individuals and teams to achieve desired results
* Good knowledge of other building surveying matters such as CDMC and Building Conservation and Party Wall
* Clean driving licence.
* Good drawing skills (CAD ability would be advantageous)
The client offers a market leading re-numeration and benefits package, sample below.
* Competitive salary
* Pension scheme
* Private health care
* Salary Sacrifice Scheme
* Death in Service benefit
* Initial 25 days holiday (3 held for the Christmas period)
* Additional holiday can be accrued in accordance with the number of years services, up to a total of 28 days
* The option to bank, buy or sell holiday each year after one years' service
* Long service awards including additional days off and £500 cash award
* Flexible working
* Paid professional membership
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Interest free loan for annual travel season ticket
* Yearly flu vaccine
* Eye tests paid and contribution towards glasses, if require for solely for VDU work
* Regular CPD seminars held in house (with lunch provided)
* Regular social events organised and funded by the company throughout the year
* Free refreshments, including tea, coffee, juice and fresh fruit
* Free on-site parking
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + benefits package
15 days ago