Chartered Surveyor required for a fantastic contract based in Knowsley
Principal Estates Surveyor
- To provide advice to the Council, service clients and external clients on a full range of matters relating to property, including acquisition, use, management, disposal and the development of strategies to ensure best value is secured in all property dealings.
- To develop, implement and review portfolio management strategies and asset management plans to ensure best use of property.
- To manage the Council's property portfolios in line with Council policies.
- To monitor, supervise and manage surveying staff engaged in the management of the Council's property portfolios as appropriate.
- To monitor, supervise and direct technical and administrative support as appropriate.
- To acquire and dispose of land and buildings and any interests therein as required by the Council and external clients by the most appropriate means.
- Where acquisitions are undertaken by compulsory purchase, work will include the assessment and negotiation of compensation, disturbance claims and trade disturbance claims.
- To undertake a comprehensive range of property management duties for the Council and external clients, to include acquisitions, disposals, rent reviews, lettings, lease renewals, surveys, consents for alienation, consents for alterations, repair and maintenance, service charges, ensuring tenant compliance with covenants, and generally managing the landlord/tenant relationship.
- To carry out valuations and negotiations as required for the above.
- To engage in consultation as appropriate with stakeholders and ensure that the views obtained are properly taken into account in developing and reviewing the way work is undertaken, the use to which property is put and the advice given to the Council and other clients.
- To assist in identifying individual projects which will fit into the Council's adopted strategies and seek out sources of funding for these projects.
- To prepare and review reports for Delegated Approval, Cabinet, Committees, working groups and external clients.
- To represent the Assets Service at working groups, public meetings, client meetings and to external organisations as required by the Group Manager- Assets.
- To monitor and control relevant budgets - both capital and revenue and ensure that budgetary targets are met.
- To assist in the management of property management information systems and contribute to the development of those and new systems as required, supplying and maintaining appropriate and accurate management information.
- A degree course accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Working Knowledge Of The Repairing Obligations Of The Council And Tenants Responsibilities
- Housing Surveyor/ Inspection Background
- Awareness Of Project Management Methods
- Ability To Accept Responsibility And Demonstrate Initiative
- 3 Month Contract
- Up to £34 per hour (Inside IR35 - Paid Via Umbrella Company)
- ASAP Start
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email