Our Client influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world's most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
- We're committed to our clients and our people
- We're creative and realistic
- We combine professionalism with personality
- We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status or gender.
We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.
We are looking to source a Chartered Quantity Surveyor who will be responsible for managing costs and budgets of construction projects, including new builds, renovations and maintenance works - from early cost advice to settlement of the final account.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting Business Unit Directors in delivering business objectives.
- Positively engaging with Customers and developing, growing and maintaining Customer relationships.
- Delivering high quality services and ensuring that cost management deliverables meet Customers' requirements.
- Managing projects and to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures.
- Preparing and presenting order of cost estimates and option studies.
- Cost planning.
- Cost-in-use studies.
- Advising on and implementing procurement strategies.
- Preparing tender documentation and managing the tender process. including designing tender marking schemes
- Evaluating and reporting on tenders.
- Valuing completed work and arranging for payments.
- Settling final accounts.
- Administrating contracts as Contract Administrator or Employer's Agent.
- Producing and presenting reports to Customers.
- Identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the Business Units activities.
- Managing service delivery for profit.
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangement
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for a Chartered Quantity Surveyor who has experience of working on the following sectors; Education, Commercial, Hotels and Residential.
Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
- Sound cost management experience post MRICS qualification.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience of cost estimating and planning.
- Good knowledge of construction methods and materials.
- Working knowledge of construction procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies.
- Good knowledge and experience of post-contract cost management tasks
- Clear and effective communication skills - both oral and written
- Methodical way of thinking and approach to work
- Good organisational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changing environments.
- Excellent problem, negotiating, finance and numeracy management skills
- Sound ICT skills, with a good level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts
- Ability to work as part of a team
- MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors)