We're looking for a suitable Centre assistant to undertake a range of domestic, cleaning and associated duties in order to ensure the safety, welfare, physical and mental well-being of children and all users of the Centre throughout the day.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
Cleaning, Domestic and Premises duties
1. To vacuum carpets, clean floor, work surfaces and toys, polish
window shelves, furniture and woodwork, empty wastepaper into
sacks and deal in accordance the Council's safe working practices.
2. To spot mop, clean spillage and wash floors as necessary, depending
on use to which they have been put and nature of the surfaces.
3. To clean toilets, including lavatory pans, hand basins, fixtures and
fittings using clean fluids, and disinfectants as appropriate in
accordance with safe working practice; to clean potties after use by
the children: to replace toilet rolls as and when required.
4. To clean and scour sinks and keep other basic domestic equipment
and machinery in a clean and workable condition, reporting any defects
or faults to the Head of Centre.
5. To ensure that sufficient cleaning materials are available by checking how much is left and informing Head of Centre when the amount is low, and when cleaning is finished, to put away materials and equipment, ensuring that equipment is clean.
6. To report any health and safety hazards to Head of Centre.
7. To operate Centre washing machines and dryers, loading the machines
to wash and dry garments, towels, face cloths, dressing up clothes and
any items as and when required.
8. To be responsible for the safety of the utility area, and parent/children
kitchen area, ensuring that all machinery is switched off and safe when
not in use, mopping dry any spillage immediately and sorting safely all
cleaning chemicals when not in use, in accordance with the Council's
safe working practices.
9. To prepare light snacks as and when required and to clean and wash
Back to job search
Up to £11.20 per day
6 days ago