The main duties of the post are as follows:
- To coordinate the CDM programme and meet CDM legal obligations as defined and required of the Council by the current Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM).
- Responsible for assisting the CDM Manager in providing professional health & safety advice and practical support across all business units of Housing & Modernisation responding to project demands to ensure health & safety focus and direction on all projects from inception through design to final delivery and to manage customer expectations within health & safety parameters.
- To implement, develop and lead on Principal Designer consultancy resource programme for all construction projects including audits to ensure compliance is achieved and maintained at all times and at all times ensuring adherence to Council’s legal and mandatory obligations.
- To develop and manage overall programme and manage consultants through pre-determined KPI’s to ensure legal obligations are met and maintained.
- To support the CDM manager in management of procured consultant services and formulate policies and procedures to ensure department conforms to good practice and complies with its legal obligations arising out of health and safety legislation pertaining to design, procurement and execution of construction works.
- Managing audit trail and IT systems. Programming and monitoring of CDM providers compliant with Council SO’s.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Good analytic skills; attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel; MSWord; MS Project; processing; spreadsheets and database management
- Thorough knowledge of Construction (Design & Management) Regulations and good understanding of associated documentation and processes, particularly the H&S File
- Locum Contract
- £19LTD Umbrella
If interested in this role please call Jack 01772 428186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org