£17.00 - £18.00 per hour
I am currently looking for a carpenter to carry out carpentry repairs, maintenance, renewals and replacements ranging from routine reactive repairs to major refurbishment work in occupied and void housing properties in accordance with best trade practice and to current standards and regulations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake all aspects of carpentry repairs, maintenance, renewals and replacements ranging from routine reactive repairs to major renewals and refurbishment work in occupied and void properties.
- Diagnosing the causes of building faults and defects to identify the most appropriate solution to be applied. Take account of the need to reduce repeated faults and visits and ensure the most cost effective solution is applied under the circumstances.
- Complete all repairs "Right First Time and to a high standard of quality and workmanship.
- Ability to work as a team, with Apprentices, and independently with minimal levels of supervision, taking ownership and using initiative to resolve defects and problems, obtaining guidance when appropriate.
- Maintaining contact and working collaboratively with Repairs Team Supervisors and Planners to provide updates on the progress of work to ensure overall service objectives are met.
- Ensure safe methods of working and full compliance with health & safety regulations are met at all times. Maintaining up to date knowledge and understanding of current standards, regulations and best practice appropriate to your specialist trade.
- Complete all documentation required for the proper running and administration of the service in an accurate and timely manner including; daily work records, time sheets, material schedules, requisitions and the like.
- The role will involve regular contact with tenants, leaseholders and the general public and the majority of the work will take place in occupied properties while working alone. The post holder is expected to visit multiple properties on a daily basis.
- The role may involve working from heights including from ladders, trestles, hoists, platforms, scaffolds and the like.
- Demand for repairs can vary considerably and at times of high demand staff will be expected to work additional hours to their normal working hours in order to meet the needs and requirements of the service.
- Completed Carpentry apprenticeship / City & Guilds/ NVQ qualification or demonstrable time served experience
- Certificates of attendance in Health & Safety training relevant to the role
- Valid UK driving licence
- Candidates will need to have their own tools/drills.