Akton Recruitment are working with the Local Authorities to fill a number of contract positions within the Carelink Service. These are ongoing contracts and are currently paying £12.49PH. Working hours are a variation of 8 or 12 hour shifts, including days, nights, some weekends and some bank holidays.
The post holder will work within the Carelink Team to provide a flexible, caring and high-quality installation, monitoring, response and support service to, Telecare users of the City Council's care alarm services and vulnerable adults in the wider community needing support.
- To contribute to the effective running of the service area through attendance at meetings and training events as required including attendance on non-designated working days.
- To provide a professional call handling service by dealing sensitively with a diverse customer base and by maintaining confidentiality at all times, responding and prioritising emergency telecare calls by assessing the reason for the call, its urgency and to take prompt and appropriate action in accordance with procedures and instructions.
- Operating the computerised call handling equipment at all times to standards set by the Telecare Services Association (TSA).
- To be responsible for maintaining and regularly updating both manual and computerised client information systems, recording customer incidents and recording the nature of all calls received and all initiated actions accurately.
- To accurately record and input details on the call handling system for each service user of all scheduled visits and actions taken by the Telecare Support Officer
- Create, programme and set up equipment for planned installations the following day
- Prepare paperwork ready for planned installations the following day
- Create all new service users on the call handling system prior to equipment installation.
- To recognise and identify the general care needs of service users and, when appropriate make referrals to appropriate partner agencies including voluntary and statutory agencies, falls service and safeguarding where it is felt that a customer is in need of additional support which can't be wholly met by the Carelink provision
- Where necessary escalating emerging changes in support needs to the Team Leader or Telecare Quality and Development Manager
- To assist with programming, cleaning and the maintenance of Telecare equipment and returning equipment back into stock, maintaining a stock control system using the equipment database on the call handling computer systems.
- Process all faulty equipment and return for repair to the maintenance contractor
- When call handling follow up faults identified to set standards and procedures
- Experience taking/making phone calls in a professional environment
- Experience in care
- Enhanced DBS
- Valid manual driving license
- Trained in moving and handling
- Able to work flexible working hours