To provide for the resident's physical, mental and social needs. These duties will include the dressing, washing and feeding of the resident, together with social duties, for example, talking to the resident, helping to maintain contact with the family, friends and the community, together with assisting with the shopping and recreation activities.
- Upon reporting for duty to ascertain which Senior Carer is on duty and to look through the preceding entries on the resident's files.
- To be responsible to the Senior Carer during the period of duty to ensure the needs of each client are met.
- Ensure the wishes of the residents are known and appropriate help and opportunities are given.
- To participate in resident's activities and outgoings and in particular to gain understanding of individual needs by talking to residents
- All staff must be familiar with the procedures to be followed in the event of a fire alarm and be agreeable to attend the Home occasionally to take part in fire drills, for which appropriate payments will be made.
- All staff must make themselves familiar with all working practices and procedures.
- To report to the Senior Carer all incidents/accidents whether they are to residents or staff during the period of duty.
- Prepare, cook and serve meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- To attend to the residents at meal times and help those not able to feed themselves.
- Staff will be invited to attend training courses which may be organised within or outside the Home whenever such in-service courses are available.
- To assist with the transportation of residents to and from the Home, undertaking the duties of an escort or driver.
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the Authority's Health and Safety Policy.
- Care Support staff must be prepared to complete and maintain the residents Support plan files.