Akton Resourcing are working with the Local Authorities to fill an ongoing contract position for a Clerical Officer within a care home. This is a full time role working 37 hours Monday to Friday.
Provide clerical and administration support to the Registered Manager.
- Maintain manual and computerised filing systems to enable up to date and accurate information to be retained and retrieved
- Respond to telephone enquiries and take messages for officers as appropriate
- Order, receive and issue stationery, equipment and services as requested and maintain appropriate records
- Ensure parcel deliveries are receipted by the appropriate department
- Undertake typing and other word processing work as required
- Undertake data entry for front line services
- Assist with the arrangement and servicing of meetings
- Undertake receiving cash/issuing receipts for activities provided
- Provide general clerical support including photocopying, room bookings and distribution / collection of post
- Provide general information and advice about the council and the services it offers to customers in the most appropriate format to meet their needs. This may be face to face or over the telephone
- Greet visitors and customers in a polite and courteous manner, ensuring that they sign the visitors book and are directed to the department they have come to visit.