Akton Resourcing are working with the local Authorities to fill a contract position for a care and support worker. Please note this role is based in the community in and around Keynsham.
The primary purpose of this post is to provide personal care, basic health care and practical support as determined by assessed needs, to enable individuals to live as independently as possible in their care setting. This will involve providing services to encourage service user functional rehabilitation.
- With the Service Manager and Registered Manager (Extra Care) to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of Council policies and the achievement of the Council's objectives.
- To contribute to co-operative working across services in accordance with the Council's Vision and Values. To contribute to cross-service initiatives as required.
- To ensure that holistic care and support is provided to meet service users' physical and psychological needs and to promote the continuing spiritual, family and social life of the tenants, helping them to maintain social interaction with family, friends and the community in line with their wishes.
- To assist in ensuring the team's services are responsive to community needs and that equal opportunity and health and safety issues are identified and addressed effectively.
- To provide essential holistic care and support to meet service users' physical and psychological needs and to promote the continuing spiritual, family and social life of service users including helping them to maintain social interaction with their family, friends and the community in line with their wishes.
- Develop appropriate and professional relationships with service users and carers, which value them as individuals, including establishing and maintaining effective communication. To promote and maintain person-centred service.
- To act as a Key Worker to a number of service users. This includes preparing relevant information about users both verbally and in writing and participation in Review meetings
- Keep up to date written records regarding individual service users as required
- In accordance with the individual service users care/service plan to provide personal care and basic nursing care to individuals, following instruction and recognised training received. Examples may include:
- Getting up / putting to bed
- Personal hygiene
- Use of toilet
- Catheter care including stoma and sheath care
- Assisting with prostheses (false legs/eyes etc)
- Application of simple dressings
- Using sterile techniques
- Foot and hand care
- Basic nursing care during illness and terminal illness
- Health promotion
- Person-centred support for those living with dementia
- Assisting service users to eat and drink which includes preparation of simple snacks and beverages and service of food in the user's flat.
- To operate safely (and after training) appropriate equipment, for example: bathing and lifting equipment.
- Provide personal and practical care to all service users regardless of their ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, impairment, age, HIV status, or any other health condition. This will include the provision of First Aid assistance should it be necessary.