Akton Recruitment are currently working with the Local Authorities to fill a number of contract positions for call handler/responders. These positions will be rota based and include some earlies, lates, nights and occasional weekend work.
The post holder will work within the Carelink Team to provide a flexible, caring and high-quality installation, monitoring, response and support service to, Telecare users of the City Council's care alarm services and vulnerable adults in the wider community needing support.
- Work a 24/7 rotational shift pattern covering days, afternoons evenings and nights on a rota basis including weekends and bank holidays 365 days of the year and be required to work an alternative shift patterns as and when the needs of the business require, this may be at short notice
- To contribute to the effective running of the service area through attendance at meetings and training events as required including attendance on non-designated working days.
- To provide a professional call handling service by dealing sensitively with a diverse customer base and by maintaining confidentiality at all times, responding and prioritising emergency telecare calls by assessing the reason for the call, its urgency and to take prompt and appropriate action in accordance with procedures and instructions.
- Operating the computerised call handling equipment at all times to standards set by the Telecare Services Association (TSA).
- To be responsible for maintaining and regularly updating both manual and computerised client information systems, recording customer incidents and recording the nature of all calls received and all initiated actions accurately.
- To accurately record and input details on the call handling system for each service user of all scheduled visits and actions taken by the Telecare Support Officer
- Create, programme and set up equipment for planned installations the following day.
- Enhanced DBS
- Moving and Handling Certificate
- Manual License Holder
- Experience as a Care Assistant
- Experience in a call centre