Applicants must have hands-on expertise in systems definition (requirements, architecture) and verification on the actual hardware/labs
An experienced buyer undertaking routine procurement activity in support of the Dowty Propellers. Reporting to the Procurement Manager and working within a team of sourcing and material fulfilment specialists at our new, purpose-built facility at Gloucester Business Park.
Actioning direct material procurement requirements in a timely manner to meet business needs in accordance with GE sourcing governance policies and regulatory requirements. Delivering best value, optimum delivery and low risk from the Dowty propellers supply chain.
* Generation of technical RFQ's
* Analysis of quotations
* Undertaking supplier selection
* Negotiating terms, best price and optimum delivery schedules
* Order placement
* Ongoing commercial support
Qualifications / Requirements:
* Degree Level or equivalent
* Experience in procurement, preferably in an aerospace or regulated environment
* CIPS level 4 or higher preferred
* FAR 12 & 15 experience preferred
* Although training will be given its important that the candidate is able to pick up things quickly and soon become effective in supporting the team's goals.
Up to £37 per hour
29 days ago