Akton Resourcing are working with the Local Authorities to fill an ongoing contract position for a Business Support Officer within Children's Social Services. This is an ongoing contract that will last for a minimum of 4 months with a potential extension. Working hours are full time, 37 hours Monday to Friday non negotiable.
Please note that this role is predominantly working from home however candidates will need to be able to commute to the Swindon based office on regular occassions to collect equipment, training and potential phasing back into office working.
Working in close collaboration with the Health Decision Maker, Social Workers and Assistant Team Manager, to provide a high quality, professional and proactive service to improve outcomes for children, young people and families.
- To undertake detailed research on the computer system, including ICS/Capita/Care Plus/Medway/Rio/system one.
- To gather information in a way that adds to the quality of the decision making process in a timely way.
- To communicate with and gather information with health services such as GPs, mental health services, hospitals, sexual health clinics, ambulance services etc.
- Review Social Care and Early Help Records to conduct checks on children and their families and identify any current professionals involved.
- To update all contact details, addresses, dob, ethnicity, religion, disability and social networks at point of contact.
- Follow guidelines and procedures to ensure that the right steps are taken by the right people to ensure that the safety of children is paramount.
- To maintain close working relationships with colleagues, partners and other organisations to maximise the opportunity for sharing information to assist in decision making.
- To complete administrative procedure's as required by health decision maker/social workers/managers
- To be actively involved in reviewing, planning and developing the MASH service and associated processes
- Sending letters and ensuring the timely distribution of incoming health information and correspondence. 2
- Producing information packs as requested
- Process documentation relating to staff in a timely manner including expense claims, time sheets, overtime claims, parking permits, starters and leavers, eye test claims, CRB checks
- Carries out accurate data entry into a range of business applications within specified timescales
- Log service user comments and forwards to the appropriate solution owner
- Ensure that the MASH has sufficient levels of health researcher cover during office hours