Akton Resourcing are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for a Business Support Officer. This role will be based within Childrens Social Services and experience within Local Authorities, ideally a Social Care department as a BSO would be advantageous for your application. This is an ongoing, full time contract position for 37 hours per week.
Description of Role-
This role will report directly to the Business Support Manager with the purpose of providing a consistent and seamless service for service users, ensuring meetings are arranged, diary alignment is managed appropriately, accurate notes and records of events are recorded and produced to timescale.
- Arrange, prepare and attend all Child Protection Conferences, Looked After Reviews, Foster Carer Reviews and all other related meetings in line with IRO objectives, ensuring effective time and cost management
- Manage all allocated work robustly and ensure all relevant paperwork received within timescale e.g. invitation lists
- Take notes of all Children's and Foster Carer Reviews via laptop to a consistent high quality and circulate within agreed timescales
- Confirm attendance of all related parties at reviews/meetings in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Ensure the room is prepared, arrangements are appropriate and that arrangements are confirmed to all necessary parties
- Use IT system packages, e.g. Word/Excel to take and communicate notes and be prepared to learn and use new technology to improve the effectiveness of service delivery
- Coordination and alignment of personal and IRO diaries to facilitate the above
- Escalate any issues/concerns to the IRO in a timely manner
- To effectively time manage all work
- Ensure a flow of communication is maintained with the QRAO and QRSA's to ensure adequate clerical support is provided for each review/meeting to comply with set timescales and deadlines for reviews/meetings
- Attend, support and produce quality records of meetings in accordance with procedural and legislative timescales
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of processes and work schedules to targets and provide an efficient and effective service to staff and service users
- Keeping up to date all relevant information systems, conforming to departmental standards and procedures
- Maintaining and keeping up to date all quality assurance and performance management systems
- Deputise for the QRAO as and when required
- Perform all related tasks as required to meet the targets and objectives of the Service
- Work hours as required throughout the County as appropriate to meet Service targets
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all partner agencies to ensure a consistent reviewing of processes for all children and foster carers reviews
- Ensure all written information for reviews is gathered in a timely manner and follow up as per procedures
- Ensure that all travel arrangements to Reviews are always cost effective and in conjunction with the IRO
- Ensure that attendance and participation at relevant development working groups e.g. LSCB