Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Business Support Officer to join the team at the Redbridge council.
Job Role: Business Support Officer
* To provide a high-quality administrative support service to the Directors, Heads of Service, Principal Officers, and other administration functions as required on transactional tasks.
* Dealing with a high volume of tasks, the post holder will respond flexibly, positively and successfully to the ever-changing pressures which arise in their service area.
* The post holder may have areas of individual responsibility which will be identified and determined by their line manager.
* Operating within agreed processes and standards, the post holder will use their initiative when carrying out tasks, to resolve problems and queries based on experience and judgment. They will receive clear guidance but will perform with minimal day to day supervision.
This will involve:
* To respond and resolve enquiries and problems, judging when to pass complex queries on or involve others, to provide an effective service and clear advice to colleagues and callers.
* To deliver a range of administrative support to senior officers in the service area and ensure systems or processes are maintained to an agreed standard or specification, to maximise service quality and continuity.
* To provide support to the function/service and be the first point of contact for service users, members of the public, Members, and visitors.
* To be responsible for managing and maintaining of calendars, arranging appointments, meetings and ensuring officers have the correct information and papers for meetings.
* To ensure that confidentiality is always maintained, particularly when dealing with issues involving restricted access to information and/or service users. To ensure that appropriate discretion is exercised when dealing with sensitive (including politically sensitive) information and enquires, including media enquiries, member enquiries and from other organisations.
£11.92 per hour (Umbrella Rate)
5 Month Contract
£11.9 - £11.92 per hour
20 days ago