Akton Resourcing are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for a Business Support Officer. This role will be based within the Childrens Social Work team that deals with allegation management. This is a full time role working 37 hours a week, Monday to Friday and is paying £11PH.
To support the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) in the management of allegations against people who work with children.
To provide efficient and effective business support to the management of allegation in conjunction with the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
To regularly provide administrative cover for other areas of the Quality Assurance & Review Team, namely Child Protection, Child Looked After and Multi Agency Risk Panel.
- Answer phone calls and respond to emails. Respond immediately to enquiries relating to members of staff subject to LADO procedures and record these accordingly.
- To respond effectively to contacts from professionals and staff of other agencies and elsewhere in the Authority, children, members of the public, and regulatory bodies eg; OFSTED. Dealing sensitively with enquiries, logging calls accurately and alerting social care staff or managers immediately to any issues that require immediate attention.
- Work closely with the LADOs, communicating and prioritising key activities, particularly in regard to new referrals. Work with the LADOs to ensure all information is available and any relevant themes are noted.
- Follow guidelines and procedures to ensure that the right steps are taken by the right people to ensure that the safety of children is paramount.
- Maintain a comprehensive and reliable data management system for investigations into allegations against people who work with children, ensuring all incoming data is accurately recorded on the IT system. To ensure that electronic filing systems are accurate, accessible and kept up-to-date for each individual, subject to Allegation Management procedure. Support the LADO in relation to processes and exemplars on the I.T systems.
- Report on data relating to allegations against people who work with children, collating performance and activity statistics within deadlines with a high degree of accuracy. This data will be used in report to relevant and appropriate bodies (Swindon Safeguarding Partnership, South West LADO Network, and Senior Management) and professionals, including for the purposes of Freedom of Information requests.
- Compile and collate all relevant reports and paperwork from a range of professionals, in preparation for all Allegation Management Meetings (AMM's) and ensure these are available to the LADO and professionals prior to the commencement of the AMM.
- To undertake detailed research on the computer system, including Care Director that will inform the LADO's decision making process.
- Organise and arrange AMM's, involving a variety of external agencies, within specific and very short timescales. This will involve face to face and phone calls. Book venues / rooms for the AMM's and manage the LADO diary. Contact professionals prior to and following the AMM, to ensure processes are appropriately adhered to
- Attend all AMM's and provide an accurate account of the meeting, including clear specific actions. Use judgement, skills and expertise to compile and produce a clear and agreed record of the AMM and send to the LADO within prescribed timescales.
- Upon authorisation of the record of the AMM by the LADO, ensure it is circulated to all relevant parties, within statutory timescales.
- As a member of the Quality Assurance & Review Team, provide clerical and administrative support to the LADO, Senior IRO and Team Manager. This will include taking minutes for Child Protection Conferences and taking minutes for the Multi Agency Risk Panel. Other duties will include general clerical and administrative tasks e.g. data inputting, postal duties, and photocopying for the wider Quality Assurance & Review Team.
- Ensure there is effective and efficient service delivery in accordance with Swindon Borough Council's policies and procedures laid down by the Swindon Safeguarding Partnership and National policies.
- Maintain the confidentiality of client information, ensuring that correspondence is appropriately managed, in accordance with Swindon Borough Council guidance and statutory legislation.
- Maintain knowledge of current developments around use of information technology, and attend training as required.
- Promote good race, ethnic, disability and community relations, including young people and staff from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- To undertake any other duties deemed commensurate with this post as directed by the line manager