Akton Recruitment are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for an experienced Administrator/Business Support Officer. This role is to be based in the fast paced 'Flying Start' team which is a government funded programme to provide additional support to young families with children under the age of 4.
- To provide administrative support to the Flying Start Team
- To assist the project administrator in undertaking necessary administrative duties as required by the team.
- To provide a telephone and office reception service, recording messages and referring on as appropriate.
- To maintain relevant manual and electronic record systems
- To produce statutory document, forms, reports and letters using word processing skills.
- To open, date stamp, sort incoming mail.
- To maintain booking diaries/inventories for equipment, rooms, resources etc.
- To operate and maintain relevant office equipment.
- To participate in relevant team events, training etc. as required.
- To maintain the Flying Start Facebook page.
- Ensure compliance with the Council's Financial Regulations, Standing Orders, Policies and Procedures
- To implement the principles of the Council's Equal Opportunity Policy whilst carrying out the above duties
- To adhere to Health and Safety legislation / relevant Council policies and procedures and to take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be adversely affected by your acts / omissions.
- To implement the principles of the Council's Environment Policy while carrying out the above duties.
- To report without delay any safeguarding concerns to the appropriate safeguarding officer.
- Such other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade and in accordance with the general character of the job as may reasonably be required by the Chief Officer from time to time.