Akton Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced Business Support Officer to join a Local Authorities Public Health Administration Team. This role is initially a 12 month contract and is paying £11PH. This role is full time, 37 hours per week, hours to be discussed at interview stage.
To provide a comprehensive, robust administrative support service to support the Public Health Team and Public Health CPPO/CO within the Commissioning Team.
The post-holder will be required to:
- Provide core administrative functions;
- Ensure that business needs are prioritised and managed effectively;
- Carry out other duties commensurate with the grade of the post.
- Managing incoming communications (email, post, telephone calls) and highlighting/prioritising key points to follow up;
- To create electronic documents, reports, letters etc from copy and dictation;
- To highlight issues of a urgent nature to relevant senior members of the team;
- Set up and maintain electronic and manual filing systems allowing easy retrieval;
- Organise travel, accommodation and hospitality requirements;
- Establish and maintain a pass back system for staff supporting;
- Process payment of invoices and tracking of financial transactions using Oracle;
Administrative Support for Meetings/Team Activity:
- To make arrangements for meetings and events including the booking of venues, arranging refreshments, sending invitations, organising agendas, and taking minutes;
- Undertake progress/chasing tasks arising from meetings;
- The preparation, production and presentation of documents and minutes from own notes and from a variety of sources of information;
- To assist in the management of the electronic diary for members of the Public Health Team and CPPO/CO;