Akton Recruitment are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for a Business Support Officer. This role is initially an ongoing full time contract for approximately 3 months. Working hours are 37 hours per week and are paid at £11PH.
The role is primarily working from home. However, it will require some visits to the office for scanning/post duties that cannot be completed from home.
Candidate must be organised and have good written and verbal communication skills. The candidate will be required to answer the telephone and deal with queries from our vulnerable clients. They will also be required to input accurate data to client data bases and other general administration for the operational teams.
To carry out a range of administrative duties within Adults and Children's Services. The post holder will be required to work within any area covered by the Services as required.
- Carry out a range of administrative duties including the maintenance of accurate records and systems, relating to the service, including any associated IT systems (e.g. Protocol, CareFirst, Electronic Data Management, Education systems, etc), file destruction, website checks and authoring, data collation and data quality.
- Provide support and assistance on recording mechanisms to other workers, also to support mobile working.
- Recommend and contribute to the development of systems and procedures to ensure the effective, efficient running of the support service.
- Deal with a wide range of enquiries from employees and customers that will require patience, understanding, basic service knowledge and an ability to establish the exact nature of the problem/enquiry.
- To initiate and process routine correspondence, reports and other documents as directed, to support professionals.
- Processing payments, invoices, checking orders, etc, using appropriate software.
- Regular contact with finance colleagues in monitoring payments and raising invoices, as required.
- Safe and Well procedures.
- Diary management.
- Arranging meetings and training, collating information relating to invitees and attendees, and minute taking for a wide variety of complex meetings.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings.
- To carry out other general office duties under the guidance of a Senior Business Support Officer or the Team Leader Business Support or other Team Leaders.
- To promote standards which achieve equality of opportunity.
- To ensure personal adherence to all relevant Policies & Procedures.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post.
- Available immediately
- Strong background in business support/administration, ideally some experience within Local Authorities
- Happy to work a temporary 3 month/ongoing contract.