Royal Borough of Kingston
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Support Officer to join the team at the Kingston Council.
Job role description:
The Royal Borough of Kingston's vision is that it has a national reputation as one of the very best places to live and work. The post holder will contribute to the delivery of that vision by providing a co-ordinated, consistent and high quality Business Support service for the effective delivery of Council Services.
- Communicates clearly with colleagues and customers, ensuring that internal and external customers are able to participate in consultation and two-way communications by communicating with the right people in a timely and appropriate way.
- Encourages and actively engages in positive cross-organisational communications and team working.
- Provides advice and information on all aspects of business support, directing contacts to the most appropriate area, if applicable
- Works with officers within relevant service teams, ensuring they are provided with all necessary support and information to deliver the service effectively
Post & document management
- Facilitates the electronic delivery of post within RBK, including scanning, indexing, routing and electronic storage and retrieval of documents
- Collates and circulates information as necessary, including papers for Committees and other meetings
- Inputs, updates, extracts and analyses data relevant to business support activities using relevant ICT systems
- Prepares, edits, formats and prints documents using MS Office applications
- Undertakes a range of relevant service-related financial administration responsibilities in accordance with the council's financial procedures and systems
£11.82 per hour (UMBRELLA RATE)
1-3 Month Contract