Akton Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business support Officer to join the team at the Camden Council.
Job Role: Business Support Officer
To provide a professional, proactive, flexible and customer focussed business support service to the External Relations team in North London Waste Authority (NLWA). Enable the service to meet their strategic objectives by providing support that adds value. Adapt according to service need and show willingness to perform the full range of activities undertaken by functions within business support.
- To provide a flexible business support service for the External Relations team working on a range of business support and administrative activity that adds value and supports the work of the waste prevention and communications teams that make up the External Relations function within NLWA.
- To be proactive and flexible in the approach to work and be willing to perform the full range of activities that are required to support the team to operate efficiently.
- Take minutes of meetings and support meeting management as required. This will include providing internal support for NLWA Authority and committee meetings; specifically collating and issuing draft and final reports to relevant officers and ensuring that the production of reports is carried out in a timely manner.
- Provide support to colleagues in the External Relations team in the raising and receipting of purchase orders and supporting the processing of payments of invoices as required - ensuring that invoices are sent in a timely manner to the budget holder for approval, passing them on to the Finance team for processing and as required entering the details onto the expenditure log.
- Supporting the delivery of online and physical events delivered by the team, which includes as examples carrying out research into possible venues and speakers for physical events and providing support with answering questions and making bookings for online events. At all times acting as an ambassador for the Authority in welcoming, assisting and signposting attendees.
- To answer electronic mailbox enquiries with the support of other colleagues, maintaining high levels of customer service and professionalism. Be approachable, courteous, friendly and helpful in responding to requests.
3 Month Contract
£15.22 Umbrella Rate