Service Support is a new service brought together to underpin service delivery by providing effective customer focussed administrative support. This includes arranging meetings and panels, minute taking, basic financial transactions and monitoring, maintaining databases / data entry, acting as the link between customer access channels and the delivery of services through the scheduling of requests for service, elements of interaction with customers, stakeholders, partners and members, and other general administrative functions.
The post holder will provide effective, efficient, customer focussed support services to designated Service Teams ensuring compliance with procedures and practices to support the delivery efficient front line services.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
- To ensure excellent customer service and meet customer promises and service standards of the department and across other service areas as required.
- To provide a wide range of office based services and to communicate with members of the public, the call centre and internal and external agencies to ensure best service delivery.
- Undertakes a range of service support duties of a routine and complex nature involving highly sensitive and confidential information and requires a degree of interpretation and initiative.
- Maintains specific databases, inputting and extracting data, assisting with the validation of data. Responsible for maintaining up to date, accurate and quality data on appropriate systems. Creating, collating, distributing and requests for service to enable the delivery of frontline services.
- Services routine and complex and / or statutory meetings which are frequently of a highly confidential and sensitive nature and undertakes any follow up actions as required.
- Undertakes document processing functions including the preparation and production of complex material / documents in a creative, professional style using a range of software packages and initiates routine correspondence.
- Processes requests for goods and services following procurement procedures. Verifies deliveries resolves discrepancies as necessary and prepares and processes financial documents for payment.
- Processes a range of authorised cash transactions (including imprest accounts, cash and cheque income, cash payments and service users' personal monies). Maintains and reconciles associated records.
- Maintains a range of confidential filing systems including sensitive personal information, involving creation, updating/tracking, retrieval, archiving and destruction in accordance with statutory and departmental requirements
- Experience in a similar position ideally with the Local Authorities
- Experience with Liquid Logic