Akton Recruitment are working with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for a Business Support Officer based within a Social Work team.
To provide effective administrative and clerical support to Operations Manager within Children's and Young Peoples Services.
- Process mail, answer and deal with telephone/personal enquiries and correspondence on behalf of the Operations Manager.
- Maintain manager diary and schedule appointments as requested.
- Manage efficient information storage and retrieval systems, both manual and computerised.
- Research, prepare and supply information as required including statistics, tracking information and producing reports.
- Co-ordinate meetings including arranging venues, sending invitations, organising agendas, taking minutes and following up associated action points.
- Administer PLO Panels, including setting agenda's, collating paperwork, distributing outcomes, filing and maintaining appropriate tracking systems.
- Work with Operations Manager to develop systems and processes to ensure best practice with regards to PLO procedures.
- Provide administrative support to grievance and disciplinary investigations.
- Prepare complex documents using a variety of formats including Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Complete other duties relevant to the grade as appropriate