Akton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Local Authorities to fill a contract position for a Business Support Officer. This position is initially on a contract, working Mon-Fri 9:00-17:00 and is currently paying £11PH.
To provide efficient administrative support to the professional standards team within the Council's Health and Care Strategic Hub.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the professional standards team with a particular emphasis on supporting the Councils legal functions regarding the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Mental Health Act 1983. This will include typing, word processing, drafting responses, preparing reports and presentation material; working to tight deadlines and to a high standard.
- Arrange and coordinate meetings, ensuring that agendas and papers are provided on time, minutes are taken, and follow-up actions are progressed. This will include booking venues and catering arrangements.
- Responsible for incoming/outgoing mail, redirecting as appropriate.
- Answering telephone calls and dealing with initial enquiries from members of the public, Senior Managers, Members, and other professionals.
- Develop and maintain appropriate electronic and paper based filing systems.
- Maintain effective diary management for the senior colleagues including arrangements for meetings, conferences, course attendance and travel arrangements.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other secretaries, managers and colleagues in other departments and agencies.