Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Support Administrator to join the team of Swindon Council.
Job Role: Business Support Administrator
To work as part of a Business Support Unit providing administrative support to a number of Swindon Borough Council service areas, including Planning, Building Control and Transport. The duties and tasks undertaken will be in accordance with the Administration Output Specification and local Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Assist with the team's daily workload, flexibly undertaking work tasks as required, to ensure the Service and Business Support Performance Indicators (PIs), as per appropriate SLAs, are met.
Work with authority personnel to provide the business support service as defined within the Partnership contract. Keep abreast of business support administrative tasks, processes, procedures, and responsibilities.
- Check and validate planning applications, vendor consents and any related applications before acceptance. This includes managing fee income, advising the public, applicants, or agents of the required information necessary for the submission of a valid planning or related application.
- Using online maps, exercise judgement to identify affected neighbours and communicate with them.
- Place and remove site advertisements for valid planning and related applications using national and local criteria.
- Provide technical and administrative support to ensure the proper preparation and presentation of Planning Committee reports, agendas, and related material.
- Provide administrative support to the Development Control Group relating to the processing of planning applications, breaches of planning control and other related matters.
6 Month Contract