* To support the Head of Finance and Business Partnering across a defined portfolio of service finance areas, working with Directorate Management Teams.
* In the absence of the Head of Finance, provide Finance Representation at Priority, Programme and Project Boards, including transformation boards.
* Work with Senior Managers to determine policy responses to Legislative and Demographic Change.
* Review Benchmarking Information and Identify Action Plans for Savings.
* To support services in identification of funding sources for projects and preparation of bidding documentation.
* Partnership working and negotiation with organisations such as the GLA and CCG including pooled budget arrangements.
* Ensure Expenditure is in Line with Corporate Priorities and that budgets are set on this basis.
* Ensure budget monitoring position is understood and mitigating corrective action taken where an overspend is projected.
* High Level Understanding of Costs and Benefits of Alternative Delivery Options.
* Clearance of certain Committee Reports / Provision of Finance Comments
* Degree level or equivalent qualification or extensive relevant experience.
* Membership of appropriate professional body by examination e.g. CIPFA, or other CCAB body; plus evidence of continuing professional development (CPD).
* Excellent communication and analytical skills.
* Ability to work with high level internal and external stakeholders.
* Ability to exercise initiative and good judgement in delivering service and Council aims and objectives
Up to £500 per day
5 days ago