Akton Recruitment currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Delivery Officer to join a team within a Local Authority in the London
To provide comprehensive business support to address the requirements and responsibilities of the service with regards to service development, performance management, monitoring and reporting, business planning, equalities and diversity, procurement, income generation and budget management. To lead on the research, capture and analysis of relevant externally sourced and bespoke information to support service development and delivery. To support colleagues across the service in the preparation of budgets, the preparation and submission of bids for external funding, and development of proposals to increase income / inward investment.
Key Unit Accountabilities
- To maintain an up to date, in depth, understanding of local, regional and national policy and strategy developments, and best practice, and to identify policy and partnership developments and new social, economic and cultural trends that will need to inform the service planning.
- To maintain an up to date, in depth, understanding of the relevant functions, operations, programmes, priorities and issues of the Council, key external public and private sector partners.
- To undertake special assignments and complex research and information projects in a diverse range of disciplines, including evaluation and analysis of policy, legislative, service, social and economic developments and trends, involving liaison with other Council services, local authorities, regional and central government bodies, and outside agencies as necessary.
- To produce complex briefing information and advice at a strategic level, and to make verbal and written representations to the senior managers, councillors, and external organisations as required.
- To scope, commission and manage the work and budgets for service development projects, ensuring compliance with project and programme management best practice.
- To take a leading role in the design and implementation of organisational development initiatives, including service redesign and restructuring, and cultural transformation.
If you would like to apply for this position please send a CV or call 01772 428186 and ask for Jordan for more details.