Business Analyst- Bedford Borough Council
Bedford Borough Council has an ongoing Transformation Programme and requires a Business Analyst to assist with the delivery. The role sits within the Programme Management Office and will focus on redesigning services to improve provision.
The candidate should have a strong background in the practical application of recognised Business Analysis and Project Management techniques, preferably acquired across local authority or public sector bodies. The role requires analytical skills, creative problem-solving and the ability to deal with a broad range of stakeholders.
This postholder will:
- Create a range of documentation such as process maps, customer journeys, business cases, functional specification and implementation plans.
- Organise and facilitate workshops with business and technology stakeholders.
- Analyse existing workflows and service operations to identify how services can reduce cost of delivery and improve outcomes.
- Promote outcomes-focused design across user experiences, business processes and service delivery models.
- Use data and key metrics to support recommendations and evaluate the impact of proposed solutions.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders of all levels to clarify requirements, assess the feasibility of proposed solutions and document how a proposed solution would meet a given business requirement.
- Be able to challenge stakeholders and suppliers, understand recommended solutions to ensure they meet the business requirements, and to review and understand technical documents from internal and third-party suppliers.