A Buried Networks Design Engineer is sought to join the Design Team of one of Europes largest energy providers. The team undertakes the design of district heating and cooling networks throughout the UK. The team has the capability to design energy centres, pre-insulated buried piping networks and plant room heat exchanger assemblies.
The Buried Networks Design Engineer position is characterised by the ownership of projects to develop district networks. The projects include multi-disciplinary design coordination with both internal and external stakeholders.
- The design of pre-insulated buried network piping systems.
- The use of 2D and 3D CAD packages in the creation of engineering schematic and layout drawings.
- The production of survey scopes, specifications, bills of materials and installation contractor scopes.
- Technical support and design coordination with internal and external stakeholders, including business development and project managers, contractors, clients and design consultants.
- Attendance at project sites for surveys, reviews, key delivery milestones and commissioning.
- A keen interest in combined heat and power (CHP) units, district energy networks and energy saving technology.
- A natural aptitude for undertaking engineering calculations, analysis and problem solving.
- An interest in fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, energy transfer and stress analysis.
- A team player with an ability to self manage and develop projects from an outline brief and specification.
- Project document control & management in line with the company Quality Management System.
- Operate within and adhere to the company Health & Safety policy and procedures.
- Communicate the status of projects and tasks through the departmental reporting structure.
If you would like to apply to this position then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org