Location – Reading
Salary £48,000 - £50,000 plus £5k Car Allowance
Ideally, you will be an MRICS or FRICS chartered building surveyor (although we would consider experienced AssocRICS surveyors) and be confident in carrying out residential building surveys.
Must have an eye for detail and a thorough understanding of building defects, maintenance and repairs.
You will need experience of:
- a wide range of structural and building defects
- preparing and presenting comprehensive, accurate survey reports
- providing clear, concise, justified conclusions
- working independently and within a team structure
- liaising with clients, both verbally and through written correspondence
A full UK driving licence is required.
Salary of approx. £48–50K, depending on experience, plus £5K car allowance
- An excellent performance-related bonus scheme
- A diverse building surveyor job role with excellent opportunities for career progression: partnership is a possibility for the right person
- A supportive network of in-house professionals
- Flexible and generous packages to suit you. These typically include (but are not limited to):
- flexible working and working from home
- up to 33 days annual leave (using Q1 holiday bonus scheme) plus bank holidays
- attractive car allowance or company car
- payment of professional subscriptions and support with CPD
- provision of all engineering and home office equipment
- pension contribution
- enhanced parental leave
it’s a great opportunity for someone either looking for a role where they can have more control over their work and what they do – as a SME we have the flexibility to shape the job according to what you are looking for. There could even be a possibility of progressing to partnership, for the right person.
If you you’re looking for a good work–life balance then the role is idea – our surveyors often schedule surveys to allow them to do school drop-offs/avoid rush-hour etc. and apart from the site visits the role is home-working, with no timesheets etc.