£35,000-£38,000 plus car allowance
To advise clients on design and construction of buildings, advising also on condition, maintenance and repair for a Building Design Consultant in Derbyshire.
- Ensuring projects are completed on budget and to schedule
- Preparing scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works.
- Preparation of designs, specifications and documents for tender and advice on appointing contractors, designer and procurement routes
- Liaise with clients, contractors and all members of the project delivery team on day to day basis and lead internal and external project meetings
- Determine the condition of existing buildings, identifying and analysing defects, including proposals for repair
- Conduct specialist surveys including schedules of dilapidations under senior supervision
- Advise on the health and safety aspects of buildings
- Deal with planning applications and advising on property legislation and building regulations
- Degree in Building Surveying (or suitable experience)
- Working towards professional qualification e.g. MRICS, MCIOB
- Up to two years' Building Surveying experience
- Good problem solving skills
- An appropriate level of knowledge of building construction and building regulations with an understanding of planning legislation and health and safety
- Microsoft Office proficient
- ArchiCAD/CAD proficient or working towards proficiency
- Full UK Driving Licence
They were awarded The Best Employers Overall Best Large Business in the Eastern Region, in addition to being accredited a Platinum Best Employer. In 2020 they were also awarded Investors in People Gold accreditation and Investors in Wellbeing Silver accreditation, demonstrating their commitment to their employees.
- Group Pension scheme offering competitive contributions.
- Generous leave entitlement.
- Flexible working scheme.
- Annual performance related pay reviews and discretionary quarterly bonus.
- Subsidised travel: including rail travel and cycle to work scheme.
- A modern and creative open plan office.
- Professional subscriptions.
- Social space: including televisions, games consoles, pool table, table tennis and table football.