Building Surveyor required for a contract based in Coalville
Council Based Role
- Relative maintenance, planned / preventive maintenance, tendering of project works, management and delivery of project works.
- To assist the Property Services Team in all aspects of delivery of the council's planned investment and capital programmes for corporate and commercial buildings;
- Ensuring compliance with building industry regulations with regard to improving and refurbishing the Council's corporate and commercial buildings and keeping the property management system up to date;
- Ensuring the building and maintaining of effective relationships between the team, contractors, customers and stakeholders to ensure the efficient delivery of planned, improvement projects and work programmes;
- Designing and managing projects effectively including monitoring progress and controlling expenditure within budget;
- Ensuring standards and quality of work meet contractual performance requirements;
- Responsible for making contact with tenants where works are to be carried out and ensuring any special needs are identified and as far as possible catered for
- Candidate must have commercial property experience, ideally with a local authority.
- Strong commercial property management skills.
- Significant experience in the successful delivery of high quality planned investment services.
- Proven ability to effectively resolve issues and problems that may arise with contractors or customers, identifying and appraising options and making appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to manage projects effectively including monitoring progress, quality of work and controlling expenditure within budget.
- Ability to effectively manage contractors including chairing contract and site
- Based in Coalville
- 3 Months + Contract
- ASAP Start
- £17.05-£17.87 (Paid via Umbrella Company - Rate uplifted to cover charges)
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email