Building Surveyor required for a fantastic contract based in Denbigh
- Looking to recruit a building surveyor to work on a councils housing stock.
- The main duties would be day to day inspections (repairs, damp etc.)
- planned scheme inspections
- void surveys and project managing.
- Prepare property elemental condition reports, to an approved professional standard, on an annual basis in order to formulate a Surveyors Wishlist of future building maintenance works.
- Reporting on building and engineering services within the County Council building stock in order to identify cost and prioritise major items of maintenance, for inclusion in scheduled items budget. Also, to quantify dilapidation of the building stock.
- Instigate, supervise and manage planned, capital and reactive maintenance works to an annual programme.
- Prepare drawings, specifications and contract documentation in accordance with professional codes of practice from initial planning and feasibility to final settlement of accounts in accordance with all statutory legislation.
- Ensure that contracts and orders comply with the Authority's Financial Regulations and all other relevant legal, financial and professional standards and obligations.
- Take personal responsibility for such day-to-day maintenance works as may arise, utilising funds from a delegated individual budget and prioritising works depending on available finance.
- The post holder must have minimum HNC in a relevant subject and I or equivalent experience in the building industry and evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and ideally possess a degree in Building Surveying.
- The ability to communicate equally well with clients, buildings users, contractors and members of the public is essential.
- Expertise in design, estimating, planning, valuation and project management including a good working knowledge of relevant codes of practice is required.
- To be able to compile in depth technical reports and recommendations.
- The ability to communicate diplomatically and effectively with members, senior managers, client departments, headteachers, bursars, caretakers, consultants and contractors in a professional and technical or non-technical capacity is essential.
- Temp Contract
- 3 Months + Ongoing
- £16.85 per hour
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email