- To act as an integral member of the Strategic Property Services team
- providing operational support and professional guidance on building issues.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the maintenance service is compliant with current legislation, for example statutory requirements, CDM and Building Regulations, Planning and Codes of Practice, etc., with a working knowledge of standard forms of contract (including JCT).
- To ensure compliance with policies and procedures for Health and Safety and Procurement.
- To contribute to the development and delivery of the Council's forward maintenance plan in accordance with good practice and financial planning, and the Council's management processes and procedures.
- To act in the role of Project Manager and/or Contract Administrator and undertake the design, specification and tender of construction works on maintenance projects, where required
- Must have a building related relevant qualification for example ONC/HNC/ Degree -Ideally with a relevant professional membership, for example RICS, CIOB
- Experience in a similar role in Local Government or Public Sector with a minimum of 5 years of that experience being in operational and planned maintenance for a Corporate Estate (non-residential)
- Experienced Building Surveyor
- Locum Contract
- 6 Months + Ongoing
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org