- Provide first line technical advice in respect of Building Control matters. Act as a technical point of contact for the service on allocated projects commensurate with their knowledge and experience in association with Senior Building Control Surveyors / Team Managers.
- Provide pre-application advice, review, monitor and determine proposals together with on-site inspection and enforcement of building works and, as appropriate, certification of works on completion as compliant with relevant legislation.
- Assist and work under supervision of Principal / Senior Building Control Surveyors and Manager(s) to support the team in organisational, technical and administrative areas of work including provision of guidance / technical advice to all users of the service in relation to Building Control matters.
- Promote the Council, Department and the Building Control service to clients and customers including contractors, agents and residents at all times. Understand and be able to operate in a context of competition with the private sector for the provision of services to secure work for the Council and maximise income. Safeguard the interests of the Council at all times.
- Demonstrable experience of working within Building Control area surveying and / or major projects
- Track record of operating within a multidisciplinary team , coordinating their own and workloads, as required. Operating autonomously, independently and under own initiative, proactively engage and act as a main contact with associated technical and professional experts, including the Fire Brigade and other agencies, on major developments and be responsible for all technical decisions made.
- Record of maintaining and developing partnership working with key external stakeholders across the public, private and voluntary sectors to ensure maximisation of workload and income to the service in a highly competitive environment.
- Record of undertaking site inspections in all weather conditions often in hazardous / dangerous situations particularly in respect of emergencies relating to fire damaged or dilapidated buildings and/or other dangerous situations such as severe weather conditions
- The post holder must have a valid UK driving licence to carry out duties and functions of the Service
- 3 Months + Ongoing
- £33.73 per hour
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email email@example.com