- To be responsible to the Manager of Building Control, or the Head of Planning when acting as proxy for the Manager, for ensuring that all the requirements relating to building control are carried out in an economic, effective, efficient and equitable manner by the Building Control team.
- To act as one of the Council’s second most senior building control advisor for the professional matters which are the responsibility of Building Control.
- To ensure fulfilment of the Council’s duties with regard to building control across the Borough
- To ensure that services provided by Building Control to external clients, bodies and partners and the Council are delivered to the highest standard.
- To be an exemplary deputy manager to the team to ensure it achieves a high quality, customer focused and professional service while being efficient and cost effective.
- Up-to-date knowledge of building control related technical matters including traditional techniques and continually strives for knowledge of innovative techniques.
- Specialist knowledge of building control related subjects including fire engineering, energy efficiency, access audits, structural appraisal and the like.
- Background in pre-application negotiation and capacity to secure work.
- Excellent plan checking skills of large complex projects.
- Capable of carrying out risk based assessment for the purposes of operating an effective site inspection regime.
- Sound knowledge of the relevant legislation and regulatory framework for the provision of the Building Control function.
- Locum Contract
- £32+ per hour
- Full Time Role