Building Control Officer required for a fantastic contract based in Liverpool
- The enforcement of the Building Regulations and associated legislation in respect of building works in progress on site.
- To keep adequate records of enforcement relevant to the Service's responsibilities and for future reference.
- To supervise and control the demolition of buildings in accordance with relevant legislation, including preparation of specification and approval of method statements.
- The inspection of dangerous and alleged dangerous structures, and taking action under relevant legislation for the removal or securing of structures found to be dangerous.
- The preparation work for the service of statutory notices, and summonses to be heard in courts of law, which will include the preparation of reports, specifications and statements of evidence.
- The attendance at office and site meetings, public enquiries, courts of law and meetings of external agencies and voluntary organisations and courses, when required.
- The receiving and processing of correspondence, plans, specifications and details relevant to the enforcement mentioned above.
- The appraisal of selected applications formally submitted for consideration under the current Building Regulations and allied national and local legislation.
- Local Authority Experience would be highly beneficial
- Experience with the enforcement of the Building Regulations and associated legislation in respect of building works in progress on site.
- Experience in a building control setting
- Temp Contract 3 Months + Ongoing
- £23.06 per hour (Paid via Umbrella Company)
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email