Building Compliance Team Leader required for a contract based in Coalville
Council Based Role
The primary focus for this role is to improve our approach to asbestos management followed closely by legionella, fire safety and gas/electric compliance.
- Efficiently manage and report on legislative compliance for the Council's Housing and Corporate buildings including:
- Maintaining compliance for Legionella, Fire, Lift, Fuel, Electrical, etc. regulations;
- Provide reports for senior managers and external regulatory bodies as appropriate;
- Write procedures to demonstrate actions taken in order to maintain compliance, ensuring results are kept electronically for easy retrieval;
- Ensure all remedial actions are completed within the appropriate timescales;
- Managing, evaluating and controlling the use of the contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers supporting the delivery of an efficient, compliant service across Asset Management, Property Services and Housing;
- Work with the managers of the Internal Repairs Team to agree programmes of work;
- Managing, evaluating and controlling the performance of all resources involved in the delivery of legislative compliance;
- Ensuring full compliance with all Council policies and relevant health and safety, environmental and CDM legislation and good practice requirements, including acting as a safety representative for the service;
- Maintain electronic records to demonstrate with legislative regulations for compliance in all areas, as indicated above.
- To have management experience and a proven track record in delivering modern, effective, customer focused and high performing planned investment and cyclical maintenance services.
- To have detailed knowledge and understanding of the impact of the regulatory framework and government policy on planned investment and cyclical maintenance programmes.
- To have a proven ability to successfully lead, motivate and manage teams to produce effective outcomes, including technical aspects and human resource issues.
- To have a proven ability to manage projects and budgets successfully including giving support for the preparation and submission of external funding bids.
- To have a proven ability to effectively resolve issues and problems that may arise with contractors or customers, identifying and appraising options and implementing appropriate resolutions.
- Temp Contract
- £19.63 per hour
If interested please call Jack on 01772 428186 or email