Oxfordshire County Council
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Biodiversity Data Assistant to join the Team at the Oxfordshire County council.
Job Role: Biodiversity Data Assistant
Purpose of the Role
This is a brief overview of the key objectives of the job including the context within the team/department. Work as part of a team to:
- maintain and develop all aspects of biodiversity and environmental data management, collection and provision within TVERC, to maintain and where possible exceed the standards required for accreditation with the Association of Local Environmental Records Centres (ALERC)
Provide the day to day running of the data-search service (see http://www.tverc.org /cms/content/data-searches). Providing a prompt and professional response to requests for data against user defined search criteria from local authorities, the public, voluntary bodies, environmental consultants and others.
- Assist the Biodiversity Data Managers to maintain consistent and accountable data management and analysis procedures and systems throughout TVERC and to provide appropriate advice to data suppliers/users to enable this
. * Assist the Biodiversity Data Managers in the provision of data services to customers.
- Follow the TVERC data standards and procedures. Manage the quality and completeness of data. Capture site, habitat and species data ensuring these are validated and stored appropriately within the appropriate system, including GIS datastores and Recorder.
- Work as part of the team to carry out ecological site surveys, data collection, management, interpretation, and presentation to deliver project work according to agreed service agreements for TVERC and its customers.
- Occasionally take part in some external meetings with customers, recording community or suppliers
This role will be remote working
£11.73 per hour (Umbrella Rate)
6 Month Contract