Best interest assessor:
At Atkon Recruitment, we have partnered with a local authority located in Cheshire East to find a suitable Best Interest Assessor to ensure that the statutory duties are carried out to the standards set by the Mental Capacity Act. This will include being accountable to the Mental Capacity Act Coordinator and the Supervisor Body.
- Make sure Best Interest Assessments for the DOLs are processed within the legal time-frame.
- Key part of the assessment process is to ensure that you liaise with care homes, hospitals, mental health ambassadors and advocates.
- Ensure that you take on a consultative role.
- Make yourself a useful resource for training purposes and for hospital and care home environments.
- Play a role in helping with the integrated safeguarding unit and service development. Role includes casework, developmental work and management support.
- BIA qualification
- Professional social work qualification or equivalent
- Post qualifying experience
- Experience of working with people who have a mental disorder
- Multi - disciplinary working
- Work in a community or hospital setting
Essential Job-Related Knowledge:
- Demonstration of knowledge of recent case law
- Safeguarding Policies and procedures
- Local government policies and procedures
If you want to know more contact 01772 428186 and Umayr will be able to help to as soon as possible.