Associate Structural Engineering Director | Structural Engineering | £55,000 - £65,000
Akton Recruiting are seeking an experienced Associate Structural Engineer Director to join a small, established and reputable engineering consultancy who pride themselves on their extensive engineering expertise. They have a requirement in their office in North London for an ambitious, dynamic individual to help lead their buildings structures team.
If you consider yourself an excellent business developer within building and construction, Structural Engineering and are experienced leading and successfully delivering building structures engineering projects, we would like to hear from you.
As an Associate Director, you will have experience of heading a team, being responsible for resourcing, mentoring and ongoing training. This role also offers the potential for a partnership role within the business in 1-2 years:
Requirements of Associate Structural Engineering Director:
- Membership of the Institution of Structural Engineers or Institution of Civil Engineers with the designation MIStructE or MICE.
- A solid foundation of experience in structural engineering design.
- Ability to accept responsibility in a team based organization, combined with the ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of industry standard analysis software, including or similar to SCIA Engineer, TEDDS, Tekla Structural Designer, CADS A3D Max.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. This is an essential part of the role.
Responsibilities of Associate Structural Engineering Director:
- To lead a wide variety of projects ranging from small scale home alterations and extensions through to multi million pound residential and commercial schemes.
- To prepare fee submissions and establish new clients.
- To represent the company at design team meetings, site progress meetings, etc
- To liaise with the departmental Director to report on progress and discuss issues on all projects.
- To regularly meet with Senior Engineers/Project Engineers to monitor projects for quality, programme & cost control.
- To identify design variations and agree additional fees where appropriate.
- To work closely with Director on technical advancement, standardization and quality assurance.
- Competitive salary with company car.
- A relaxed and friendly atmosphere in modern offices.
- 28 days holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays.
- Professional subscriptions paid by the company.
- Dedicated CPD training budget towards external seminars and courses.
- Private Healthcare
- Death in Service benefit
Associate Director, Structural Engineering, Principal Structural Engineer, Senior Structural Engineer