I'm currently working with a leading house builder with a turnover of 100Million with a strong growth strategy in place. They have a prestigious reputation and have received the five-star builder accreditation and won a Business of the Year award in 2019. Being a family run business, it still has that friendly feel and promotes career development. They have several offices throughout the UK; this role will be based at the Droitwich office.
We are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our regional south team, based in Droitwich. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, commercial acumen and deadline management. They will support out commercial team and be involved in procurement, budgeting and valuations.
- Assist/undertake sub-contract enquiries and procuring trades for new developments.
- Ensure all specifications and programmes are complied with and that quality is not compromised
- Assist/undertake subcontract payment and account management
- Assist/undertake compilation of site budgets
- Management of customer incentives and extras pricing and orders
- Assist/undertake completion of site valuations
- Report on savings and excesses against budget costs to the SQS/Commercial Manager
- Assist/undertake sub-contract account reconciliation and dispute resolution
- Liaise with subcontractors to ensure that potential problems are averted
- Attend site meetings as required by need and/or appointment
- Provide support to colleagues in order to achieve departmental goals
- Ensuring that customer care and 5 Start Builder Status takes priority
- Attend pre tender, pre start and any other relevant meetings as required
- Any other duties as required by the Commercial Manager / Commercial Director
- Good communication skills, commercial acumen, negotiation, task and deadline management
- Ability to get involved with other disciplines such as technical, build & sales
- Obtained or working towards Construction HNC/BTEC/Degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 2years of house building industry experience
- IT literate